My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Texas trip - 4

The trip to Texas cannot officially be considered a vacation since the definition of that word is: ‘a period of rest from work’ and as a retired person, I don’t really work. I do have hobbies that cause me to sweat at times, but can something that someone enjoys as much as I do gardening and raising fruit and nut bearing plants be considered work?

Anyway, I arose on Monday morning in this state that has been called “a whole nuther country” with the largest task of the morning being to eat breakfast. I did accomplish that with a certain amount of proficiency and then hid some of the Word in my heart, as the scripture says I should do. The weather of the morning was nice, but with some possible thunder boomers a possibility in the afternoon.

GM5 was up and about and when I started prep for breakfast, he wanted to eat again. His desire was for peanut butter, not in a sandwich but just on a spoon – something he has been doing for a while. His final tally was 5 spoons of peanut butter without anything else, except some juice to wash it down. He probably gets weird eating habits from his Pop-pop.

About 5pm Monday we left the home station of visitation and headed out for the adventures of the evening. Several stops were made and errands run before we got to the eating/playing place of our destination. We even drove through the beautiful Lake Jackson downtown area – the tour took all of 30 seconds or so. Our final stop was officially named All-star sports-plex – they serve food and have play/practice areas in the rear of the building.

This establishment is locally famous for its calzone and pizza and they do a booming business in their carry-out sales. Our food goal was the calzone and we thoroughly enjoyed this food product with great gusto. After this enjoyment we went to the rear of the establishment for the young ones to play. The netted in field area was occupied this night by a few practicing soccer and several young ladies practicing fast pitch softball – these two activities were separated by another net.

The main attraction for GM1, GM2, GM5, OD and Spice was in the rear of the building and it was in the form of inflatable play structures. There were three of them, a large slide, an obstacle course and a boxing ring with huge gloves included. The GMs greatly enjoyed the inflatables, joined later by OD and even the Spice. The Spice slid the slide and boxed the girls with the oversized gloves but the highlight of the evening was when she jumped from the top of the obstacle course hill into the padded area below – I only thought I knew this ‘wild’ woman. The older gent did not join in with these physical efforts for obvious reasons.

The memories of the night will be a precious thing, even the Spice’s leap of doom – this last memory will be much happier since she lived through the ordeal. God is good, all the time. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) well now- that sounds like a fun time you all had!

Junie

4/03/2007 07:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, for those wonderful days again!! But we get too soon too old!!!
Enjoy!!

Betty G

4/03/2007 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Junierose - It was a hoot and a smiling good time. I was a bit concerned about the Spice hurting herself but she came through it fine.

itsboopchile - I'm learning about the getting old thing but hopefully I can get back in shape in a couple of months. ec

4/04/2007 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ Sounds like a really fun night for all and as you say,some good memories. I am so glad your wife got through OK, sound a bit risky!!
Thanks for your comments - and I am so glad to learn how to post photos.It would be good if you learned it too, so we could see the Blueberries and their new edging etc etc.Junie is very good at photos, so maybe she could help. I am still learning myself.
Take care, and enjoy the rest of your holiday and I hpe you all have a wonderful Easter. Being together
is a good start. Cheers, Merle.

4/04/2007 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ Sounds like a really fun night for all and as you say,some good memories. I am so glad your wife got through OK, sound a bit risky!!
Thanks for your comments - and I am so glad to learn how to post photos.It would be good if you learned it too, so we could see the Blueberries and their new edging etc etc.Junie is very good at photos, so maybe she could help. I am still learning myself.
Take care, and enjoy the rest of your holiday and I hpe you all have a wonderful Easter. Being together
is a good start. Cheers, Merle.

4/04/2007 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Merle - All had a great time, even though mine was just in the watching. OD tried to help me post a photo on the blog, but something wasn't cooperating. So true, being together is the best start to most anything. ec

4/04/2007 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home