My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, May 18, 2007

GM sitting - 1

In a split second my mind went from dreamland to – what is that alarming noise to – it can’t be morning yet because it’s still dark – then it dawned on me, even though the day had not, that this was to be a different type day. SSIL was to have some medical tests and YD had to be there with him to drive him home, so my appointment today was to sit with the local gruntmonkeys.

I’m not sure at all why they have these things at such early hours, though it is better for the one doing the fasting – and other unmentionable necessary purging actions. This way the ‘victim’ can eat earlier once they wake up from the dreamland juice. The day was given an abridged start and I shortly headed out the door – taking my pouch that held some things to keep me occupied. This semi-briefcase contained my Bible, small recorder and several crossword puzzles.

Arriving on the scene at 5:30 am, I found them as ready as one gets for that sort of thing and after a few instructions, they departed for the medical facility. Be aware that the events described herein are several days old because of my busy week, plus not feeling very well. Having about an hour before GM1 was to get up for school, I sat at the table and worked crosswords until that time.

Awaking her at 6:30, she wandered down for a bite to eat about 7 and was mostly dressed – I think she still had to primp a bit. Somewhere during this time I heard a door close and then a slight thump-bump, thump-bump coming down the stairs. It was GM6, the 2-year-old and normal early riser – he was all smiles as he thump-bumped backwards on his knees the rest of the way down. His first words were ‘Mommy at?’ and even though we answered, he asked this again several more times, guess he didn’t like the first answer.

Then he made a statement that I had to have translated by his big Sis – it was ‘marshmallows’ and had to do with the cereal he wanted for breakfast. Sat him down, got the cereal and soon he was happily munching this presweetened breakfast food (?). A short time later, GM3 came down the stairs holding a clothes hanger containing his clothes for the day. He proceeded into the den and changed from his PJs to these clothes – only then did he come in for a bite of something to eat.

His desire was for a strawberry Pop-tart and he ate this with great gusto. The carpool came for the schoolster and she headed out for a wonderful day of learning experiences – some relating to schoolwork and some relating to human interaction. After the gruntmonkeys finished eating, they went into the den for some play. About an hour later, GM4 suddenly and quietly appeared as if by magic and I got him something to eat as well.

We got through the breakfast without any major unhappiness or spillage, for which I was grateful. God is good. TBC ec

3 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ It is great to get home again even after the nicest
holiday. Sounded like you had to get to work soon after taking care of your grandkids. Glad you and they survived. Glad to hear that most of your plants are growing as it is so nice to watch things grow. Thanks for your comments on my Hugging post.Still waiting for new modem. Patience!!
Take care, Regrads, Merle.

5/18/2007 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Sounds like the morning went pretty well--a slight miracle with young children ;)

5/18/2007 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Merle - The grunts do have their bad moments but all in all I enjoy being with them - and they seem to be glad to see me as well.

Kila - The special miracle was the lack of spillage part - and I was glad. :) ec

5/20/2007 03:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home