My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Saturday, December 01, 2007

events cuz

Monday, November 26th, made its way in our lives and it felt a bit odd with just the Spice and I in the house and no guests. I don’t think we had time to feel odd on Sunday, that or we just didn’t feel like feeling odd. The weatherman said that there was a large chance of rain in the early afternoon, so I charged into my day with sustenance of physical and spiritual nature. We were about overrun with trash, so my first challenge was to gather this and take it to the dump before the rain.

This was a multifaceted trip and the first stop was the post office for our mail – the box was crammed full since we had not checked it in several days because of our busy schedule. Then I went on to the ATM since I was flat broke – it had been a long time since I didn’t even have one dollar. At church the night before I had given my last dollar bill – felt bad because that was all I had to give.

Then it was on to the trash dump to get rid of five large bags of household trash and some cardboard for recycling – flattened according to their instructions. Then I made my first trip to the new Wal-Mart super store in Aiken, SC to check it out and pick up some needed items. First impression of the store is that it is absolutely huge – large even – maybe half again as big as the one in North Augusta.

Next thing of notice was that the aisles were wider, at least in the grocery section that I visited. They looked wide enough for at least three carts to pass – this would prevent clogged passageways. As usual they had a massive variety of products to select from. I just wandered down every aisle – spent a bit more than I should have, especially since I wasn’t even hungry – when I usually over buy. Measured the distance to the house on the way back and it is a couple of miles further than the next closest one – 8.4 miles as opposed to 6.5 – but the new one is a straight route, all four lane highway.

After unloading the groceries at home and checking the mail, the Spice found that she had finally received her passport. There was a bit of rejoicing on our parts since (a) now we will be allowed to take our trip and (b) the government admitted that the Spice officially exists. We still have to do the paperwork with the state to get her birth certificate but we don’t have to have that for the trip.

After putting a dent in the leftover household clutter, I trucked out to pick up GM3 from kindergarten since YD was otherwise occupied. GM3 is quite a talker and there was no quietness from the pick up to the drop off at his house – he has a rather large imagination. Then it was back to the house to be there to allow access to the pest control dude to de-bug the place. It was a busy day up to that point – plus we didn’t get as much of the promised rain as I had hoped – but it did wet the ground.

I miss OD (older daughter) and her crew like crazy but it just can’t be helped – maybe one day it will be different. I still feel blessed beyond measure over the holiday with all the family time with daughters, SILs and all the gruntmonkeys. Plus getting to visit with both of my brothers and much other kin out at bro’s place. “For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” ec

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aisles wide in a grocery? I gotta go there!

I’m so glad you had a blessed holiday, even though I hear you now miss OD and her crew.

12/02/2007 05:41:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I must have missed a post somehow. You're going out of country? Now nice for you.

I'm glad you had a good holiday with your family.

Cold here in sunny CA.

12/02/2007 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure you had a good time and that you miss her much. I understand.

12/02/2007 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm glad the government has decided the Spice exists. Strange how they get confused with these things isn't it?

Happy December Ed!

12/02/2007 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - The aisles were great - spacious - unusual. The going home is the worst part of the kid's visits.

granny - We are going on a cruise this next April and were having a terrible time getting the Spice's passport since her birth certificate was written up but not registered. The holiday was great. The temp here is moderate but we could sure use some rain.

AC - Something seemed to be missing for several days. It seems I miss so much out of their lives (the Texas crew) - I know you know what I mean.

brenda - I'm glad they admitted it as well, I knew she wasn't a figment of my imagination. :) I hope your December goes well too - I'm just a kid at heart and always look forward to Christmas, not for me but to see the gruntmonkeys enjoy the holiday and all their loot. ec

12/02/2007 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ Sounds like a great new store with wide aisles, here they seem to get smaller and smaller. I am
glad you enjoyed your OD and her family holiday with you and of course you miss them. So glad your wife got her passport at last. Now roll on April at your house. I hope you get more rain soon. It has been a bit cooler here today and we had a good shower of rain. Take care, Regards, Merle.

12/03/2007 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - I was really amazed by the wide aisles and now wish I had measured them. Many times I have to go to the next aisle and come back the other way in some stores. ec

12/03/2007 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home