My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

joyous


I have been absent from my writing post of late mostly because of a respiratory ailment but am now on the mend. Just wanted to cast forth a few lines to say that my sincere wish and hope for you all is that you have enjoyed the most joyous Christmas season ever. Though I have received a few material things, the most precious by far is the joy of relationships, whether these are friends or kin.

The grunts (daughters) and gruntmonkeys (grands) in my life could not possibly know the joy they bring to my heart through the interactions I have with them – even the noisy ones. These actions and especially the smiles are stored away in my consciousness to bring forth and cheer a day that is not so happy. But the most precious relationship of all is the one I have with the Christ of Christmas.

This relationship of total forgiveness and acceptance is the foundation on which my life is built and is the reason for the unexplainable joy I find in my life every day. If you are not happy with what you got for Christmas, go to Jesus to find out what Christmas is really all about.

The Spice and I also wish y’all the best New Year possible. ec

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blessings to you and my prayers also, Mr. Eddie. I’ll admit I was a bit concerned by your absence. I pray you mend well and soon.

12/26/2007 03:42:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Wondered where you were but thought you might just be caught up in Christmas preparations. I'm glad you're feeling better and had a good Christmas.

Wishing you joy and peace in the New Year.

12/26/2007 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - Thanks - so far, so good on the mending - the cough seems to be hanging on, but has abated considerably.

granny - We had a great Christmas, even if I did feel a little washed out. ec

12/26/2007 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Wonderful Post!! Glad you are feeling better!!

12/27/2007 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - Thanks - it is good to feel halfway normal for a change. ec

12/28/2007 12:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home