My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

tagged by anvilcloud

I have been tagged – several days ago – by anvilcloud - http://anvilcloud.blogspot.com/ - To share 5 facts about myself on this blog, some random, some weird. The following is my effort to do just that – the tag will be somewhat incomplete due to fact #5.

1-I don’t drink coffee, it gives me a headache. It is not the caffeine because for years now – after the coffee ceased to be – I drank hot tea but now I have had to stop the tea because it irritates my throat. It leaves a void in the area of something hot to drink – hot chicken soup just doesn’t cut it for breaking the fast. I have even tried hot chocolate but it has somewhat the same effect as coffee. Even when I eat chocolate, it stops up the sinuses – but I will still dare to do this on occasion.

2-I have strived for several years to achieve an “edible landscape” – this would be a condition in which all bushes or trees on our property produces something that could be eaten – if only by birds. Removing my shrubbery was not specifically for this goal but now that the shrubs are out, I will check with my nursery person to see what it available that might meet that goal. I would even have a blueberry hedge, but they drop their leaves in winter and that would look even worse than the scraggly shrubs they replaced. I may have to settle for producing flowers – like azaleas or camellias.

3-I enjoy cutting down trees and cutting them up – for firewood and such – and digging. I have even put these two together and dug up trees – especially if it was a hardwood that would sprout back. The digging enjoyment has been supplied of late by removing my shrubbery and filling in with dirt. I have several trees that need to be removed but I am just now getting to an energy level to accomplish that. Besides I need to get my gas chainsaw repaired – the two electric ones are too small. This quirk must come from a few leftover pioneer genes lodged somewhere within.

4-I am an amateur electrician – amateur because I have never been paid for this line of work. My first new house to wire is the one in which we presently reside. I also wired two other new houses from scratch, as well as a backyard workshop – one house for MIL, another for nephew and the workshop for SSIL. Other projects include several rewires and repairs on the houses of kin. Electricity has always fascinated me but I am never at ease around it – because it bites.

5-This fifth fact may not come as a surprise to any who read my “plain jane” blog. I do not know how to properly link anything, nor do I know how to post anything – other than words. My goal at present is to learn how to do these things over the holiday time. NWT (niece with twins) works from home with computers most every day and is well versed in such as this and if I can get a short while with her, I can possibly cure some of my un-knowledge – I don’t like the word ignorance.

Personally I enjoy having quirks – there are many more than the ones listed – and I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, no matter how quirky I might be. ec

9 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

....but, Mr Eddie...

Doesn't this say a lot for your writing talent? Even with this 'un-knowledge,' you still have some faithful readers, :) myself included!

But to learn a few of those basics it will make for more fun for you in the world of blogging.

LOL- believe me- if I (dumb me) could master a few of those things it will be a 'piece of cake' for you!

I think you would especially enjoy posting pictures of your place! :)

Good luck!


Junie

12/06/2007 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

Coffee gives me a headache, too.

Your "edible landscape" idea is terrific!

I'm guessing that most males would enjoy #3 ;) I can picture my boys loving it.

Amateur? It doesn't sound like it! I'm impressed.

I like all your words! But it would be nice to see photos of your landscaping, and the grandkids we hear about.

12/07/2007 01:19:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me, too. I have told you many times that your posts should be bookform.
If not for your readers, do it for your family. I did once, and still have some unsold copies, Now I give them away and make sure every child in the family gets one.
Just do it.
Betty G

12/08/2007 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

We appreciate your quirks too, Mr. Eddie!

12/08/2007 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am smiling, Mr. E.

12/08/2007 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I didn't drink coffee at all until seven years ago or so. I have come to enjoy my morning cup, but that's usually all that I have.

12/09/2007 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I like learning more about my blog friends.

Coffee does not give me a headache but I get a doozy if I miss my morning cups,,,and noon cups,,,and evening cups...

Your idea of edible landscape is terrific and I wish you were my neighbor so I could help you eat the bounty.

And, I'd be glad to help with your blog stuff, I'm still learning but I know a few things.

12/09/2007 09:14:00 PM  
Blogger Samela said...

Just looking for the phone number of my friends with the Blueberry Patch blueberry farm (ooh, the berries are stunning this year) I happened upon your blog. What a pleasure that was!

12/09/2007 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

junierose - Thanks but I would like to show off the gruntmonkeys. :)

kila - I did try a blueberry herb tea the other day that my system seems to tolerate - I would prefer the hot tea.

itsboopchile - Passing on something on to the kids and grands is one of the reasons I write. Won't the GMs wonder about me when they grow up. :)

jayleigh - Thanks, I just enjoy being the one that God made me to be - and have long ago even learned to like myself.

SSN - More than smilling, I sometimes break out in laughter as I write but especially when I look in the mirror. :)

AC - For years I drank coffee along with some sort of sweet roll in the mornings and I can still sometimes almost taste them.

brenda - You seem to particularly have the photo part conquered - I really enjoy them.

samela - Thanks much for your visit and comment - y'all come back. :) ec

12/10/2007 11:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home