My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

3 TX 0208

Coming into a state of wakefulness, I realized from the lighted windows that it had magically become Monday – 2-11-2008. I was a bit weary last evening and slept in a little. FSIL had gone to work, GM2 was at school, OD had gone grocery shopping and the Spice and I were here with GM5 and it seemed to be a good day. The temp in this area is somewhat like central Florida and several degrees warmer than back in South Carolina – and also considerably wetter, in precipitation and humidity.

The little one and I went downstairs and chowed down on some cereal and I partook of some scripture from my laptop that is along on the trip – this between questions and such from GM5. We finished the cereal and wiped up a spillage or two – not mine but for the little one. I’m not above spilling but this time I didn’t. The young one wanted to go outside and he got his toy truck and ran it all over the screened porch and part of the driveway.

During all this I sat in an outside chair and marveled at his energy and wished that I had just a little more myself. The temp was warm and it was overcast like we may get some rain most any time. As I sat I was also amazed at the amount of birdsong that was to be heard in the area. It was a grand symphony of nature with various species of birds joining in – some near and some far – almost like a concert and I wondered how many other folks actually stopped and listened to the music.

I was most amused when GM5 opened their “people” door to the garage and yelled into the dark chamber, “Is anybody home?” He seems to enjoy hearing his echo bouncing back to him. He played with a couple of his trucks, several balls, jumped on the trampoline a short while, swung on the swing and is constantly looking for something else to play with. OD returned with the groceries and we helped get those inside.

I shortly heard the squeal of the brakes on the trash truck and OD suddenly remembered that the trash was not out to the road. This was done and as the truck neared, the little one and I went out to watch the sanitation workers do their thing. It seems that the little one is fascinated by the truck and workers. When they arrived, he was appropriately amazed and we even waited until they came back by to gather on the other side of the street.

The workers waved and beeped the horn and he was sent further into wonderment. Obviously this wasn’t the first young one to view their actions with great appreciation. I assumed that they knew that it was the young one that was enjoying this and not the senior citizen. The older one was the one enjoying watching the young one enjoying the trash truck and its workers.

The Spice is an organizer and OD wanted her to help organize the pantry. In the midst of this they had a wire bracket/shelf that needed to be hung on the wall and since this sort of thing is in my area of expertise, I mounted the shelf on the wall. The master bath toilet was leaking, to the outside on the floor, which is the only thing worse than it leaking inside down the drain. This required a trip to Lowe’s to get the necessary hardware.

The leak was at the point that the tank connected to the bowl and required new bolts and sealing washers to connect these two major toilet components back together. The necessary actions were completed and true to my great expectations, it did not leak – I do like the concept of repairs that really repair the problem.

Another concept I like is the forgiveness that is offered by God – completely erasing any wrong thing we have ever done – wow! ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Sounds like all is well in your world Mr. Ed. I know you're enjoying the warmer weather, I do too on the days when it is warmer. :-)

2/13/2008 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

My older son used to love watching back hoes operate. I remember buying him one of his own - Tonka of course back in the days when they were indestructible.

The girls loved the garbage trucks. Ours are automated - an arm comes out, lifts the can, and dumps it. They would race to the door each week.

2/13/2008 09:46:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Watching sanitation workers pick up garbage was a favorite of my youngest son, who decided he wanted to become a “garbage man.” He ended up as a chef in a 5-star restaurant.

2/13/2008 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

brenda - All is well indeed here in Texas, hopefully we are getting some rain back home.

granny - Most of my grandsons go nutso over construction equipment and large trucks in general and all have any number of trucks, mostly plastic though - I do remember the Tonka trucks.

SSN - With your son enjoying the garbage truck when young and becoming a chef is giving my daughter here hope that maybe her son will do that and she will let him do the cooking. :) ec

2/13/2008 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home