My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, March 07, 2008

actually

The dawn broke on another morning of quiet desperation – actually it wasn’t all that quiet because the birds were chirping, the crows were cawing and the geese were honking their loudmouth little heads off. And it actually wasn’t all that desperate either, except I woke up and realized that sooner or later I was going to have to get out of bed – summing it all up, it was just morning.

The Spice had to get up to take MIL to her hair appointment and she was going to get us an egg McMuffin. When she arrived back home we had a romantic little tête-à-tête over McDonald’s fast food. Actually it wasn’t all that romantic, I find it difficult to be romantic before 11:59am and it wasn’t that time yet. After our meaningful soiree, I opened my spiritual day with some scripture – actually it wasn’t a soiree since it wasn’t evening yet but I did read some scripture.

After all this I charged outside to do some work in the garden – actually it was more of a slow walk but I did go to the garden. I gathered my weapon of warfare and the cart in which I haul off the dead plant carcasses and sallied forth to do battle with the brambles. Actually my ‘weapon’ was the shovel that I recently re-handled. I repeatedly stabbed the earth and ripped out these prickly invaders of the garden soil – actually I lifted the soil with the shovel and gently pulled them out to get all the roots.

My mind can still hear their screams as their roots bit the air and I tossed them into the cart of death. Actually it wasn’t that dramatic and I heard no voices – just my vivid imagination shouting at me. I finally wearied of the battle and went on to bigger and better things – this actually means that I went back inside to rest and actually took a nap while collapsed on the floor.

Later on I went back out, donned my battle gauntlets, holstered a new weapon, drew out the caisson to haul away the dead plant body parts and went forth to fight on a new front. That actually means that I put on my gloves, put my shears in my pocket, got the large plastic cart out and went down to the muscadine vines to do some more pruning. The pruning of these plants is necessary because if it is not done all the sap goes to the un-pruned vine growth and not to grapes – and I prefer grapes.

Why would the day of inspiration for these words seem so much like Friday when it was actually Thursday? So many mysteries with too many left unsolved. This is further complicated by the fact that they were actually written on Friday – hopefully this doesn’t cause a time warp.

Why is it that our enemies are thought to be those in human form when actually these perceived enemies are just tools being used against us by the enemy of our soul? Odd thought? Check out Ephesians 6:12. It is amazing how our problems and battles lessen when we fight on a spiritual plane while on our knees. This because we then allow God to fight our battles and He always wins. ec

3 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ You make your garden work so exciting, but it's still hard work. Glad you are getting some done and can have a rest between battles.
Thank sor your comments, amazing how often we meet up with the same theme.
Like The Dash, sorry for the loss of your friend. If you try the Cat thing on my blog it should appear below your name and above Recent Posts, that is if you want it. Regards, Merle.

3/08/2008 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, I could never make it through a day if my imagination didn’t kick in. Do you want some of what Alex calls “fluffy water” that has us snowed in, Mr. Eddie?

3/08/2008 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - You could say that I have a fertile imagination - let's hope my garden is as fertile. :)

SSN - Wow, I know it is cold and inconvient but I kinda wish we had some "fluffy water" this year. My oldest sis had some overnight in Mississippi. ec

3/09/2008 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home