My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, February 24, 2008

the days after

The morning after we got back from Texas was tough. I’m not sure whether it was jet lag, general tiredness, the layover in Atlanta or something to do with the altitude and pressurization of the flight. I had an early – for me – doc appointment that morning and I felt like I was in snail gear. Finally getting out the door, I en-trucked myself and headed toward Augusta, GA, since that was where the doc was.

Leaving the doc’s with a prescription and a course of action to embark upon health wise, I went to my next appointed errand place. This place was Lowe’s, my favorite shopping place, if one can call it that – it’s more like my drooling and dreaming place. Being very deliberate, I gathered the items required, with a little help in the finding and went through the automated checker-outer.

The day was cloudy and a bit dreary but I was determined not to let that touch my day. Along about this time, in one parking lot or another, I glanced up and around at the sky, trees and landscape. I decided then and there that even though my body was very uncooperative, I would still have an upbeat attitude. The attitude had been there already, I just concentrated on maximizing it.

My next necessary errand was located at Wally-world and as I walked across the parking lot in a light sprinkle of rain, I slowed my steps, took a deep breath and enjoyed every stride. Inside the place, I concentrated on slow deliberate steps and just enjoyed myself immensely. This was partly the cause of me buying a few extra items that were not on the list. After paying and loading the groceries in the truck, I headed home and all along the way I was constantly scanning the area through which I was traveling. This was not only to watch traffic but also to see anything else God might want to show me.

After unloading the goods, I continued trying to get my body cranked up, without a lot of success. It wasn’t until the evening that I started feeling partly normal, but what is normal except maybe a setting on the dishwasher. I had wanted to start on some outside work that must be done before spring but the weather wasn’t dry enough for that. I did straighten up some in my shop and crashed into bed.

Next morning I was still feeling a bit leftover but got better as the day went along. Shortly after noon YD brought her three small grunts by for our viewing and hugging pleasure. The youngest one had conked out on the way, so she put him down for a nap. I got the electric kid truck out and the two elder GMs did a couple of laps around the house – outside, of course. I think they like me, it’s either that or they put up with my silliness just to see what I will come up with next.

After a while the youngest arose and shortly had assumed his favorite position – sitting in my lap in front of the computer. He wanted to see everything available until he had to depart. They departed, leaving the place quieter and much less lively – this caused mixed emotions, as all grandparents know. Shortly after their visit was when I fully realized that I was really back home. God is good!! ec

4 Comments:

Blogger ancient one said...

Yes, yes, GOD is good!! And those grandchildren will keep you young! Ha!

2/24/2008 11:57:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Traveling by air always exhausts me while driving my car seems to invigorate me. Strange, huh?

2/25/2008 07:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, went to see the doctor this morning. I was happy to hear that my cataracs are still slow and now I can wait six months unless I have problems.
But, I came right home, could barely see anyway.
But this evening I went shopping with you via your blog. I enjoyed it.
Betty G

2/25/2008 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - The grands will keep you young - if they don't wear you out first. :)

SSN - The flights don't usually effect me that much, but this one did. I enjoy SHORT car trips. We are all strange in one way or another. :)

itsboopchile - I think the doctors sometimes just guess at what the problem and solution is - hopefully an educated guess. :) ec

2/25/2008 11:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home