My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, October 20, 2008

NWT

Thursday dawned as a different sort of day inasmuch as the Spice and I arose somewhat earlier than usual. Let me define ‘earlier than usual’ as any time before 10am. The reason for the time was that the Spice and I were to go to sit with our niece’s twin girls for her to go on a field trip with her son. Our nephew is in law enforcement and our niece obviously is mostly in childcare.

Shortly after our arrival NWT – niece with twins – departed with GN – great nephew – for the field trip. The Spice helped one twin and I the other and we were soon finished with their breakfast. They look so much alike that I don’t even strain my brain to try to tell one from the other, plus the fact that they have changed in growth and facial features almost every time I see them.

We kept them entertained and kept the TV on Fox News, the only source that I really trust – oops – I gave myself away there. I must have mentioned it before; we are so conservative that we even sit on the right side of the church. I did get a fair amount of exercise following them upstairs and down and all around the house. They just want to pick up and play with anything and everything.

They just recently turned two and are very active – but as long as they were happy, we were happy. NWT returned shortly before lunch and we departed. We went by Kroger to get a rotisserie chicken and some other items for our late lunch – the late part seems to be the norm for us. We went home and cooked what needed to be cooked and warmed up what needed that and had a very good meal.

We got ready later and both went to our small group meetings at church – hers is at 7pm and mine is at 8:30, so we go together and one waits on the other before or afterwards. These meetings are not only uplifting spiritually but build bonds between fellow Christians as we encourage each other.

When Friday morning arrived, I started my day in the usual ways, with most of these ways were mixed in with slow. Then it was outside for another bramble war on the last bed that had not been de-brambled. The brambles were joined in their obnoxiousness by several kinds of weeds and grass that were aiding and abetting in their plot to spread their offspring all through the garden.

It was a fight to the finish – not for me but for them and more than once a bramble took a swipe at me with its thorn filled branches. I was ever so grateful when I was able to pull these annoying brambles up with ALL their roots intact – because I knew I wouldn’t have to fight their offspring on another day. An attitude of gratitude not only does good to the one that shows it but to all they meet.

Gratitude reigns with me because God is good and I am glad. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

You were with 2 yr olds and didn't have to watch Noggin, or Sprout, or Cartoon Network? Do you realize how lucky you are?

10/21/2008 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Yeah, I can't believe you got to watch fox news all day...I live in the sticks and all I can see is regular ABC, NBC, and CBS morning programs and nightly news...When I would keep little ones, I let them see Barney or whatever kept them quite..LOL

I'm sure NWT enjoyed her time off...

10/21/2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

brenda - The way I crawl around and play with them, it doesn't occur to them to watch anything else - unless I wear out and stop. :)

ancient one - I do resort to videos at times of low energy but they mostly want to play - with me! I do enjoy it though and just crash when I'm away from the little ones. :) ec

10/21/2008 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Up here, we're likely to think that NWT means North West Territories.

10/22/2008 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

"we are so conservative that we even sit on the right side of the church" Hahaha Same here!

10/23/2008 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - She does live a bit north west of here. :)

kila - Of course from where the preacher stands I would be on the left - I'll have to watch that. :) ec

10/25/2008 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home