My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, March 27, 2009

GM snippets



All grandchildren seem to do funny or endearing things, at least deemed so by their grandparents, and my gruntmonkeys are no exceptions to these type antics. GM5 recently was riding with the family and once again told his favorite “knock-knock” joke, his sister gave a somewhat tired laugh that indicated she had heard this one too many times. GM5 told her not to laugh like that but to laugh like someone was tickling her.

Another time GM5 (keep in mind that he is 4 years old) had been sent to his room for misbehaving and when his Dad went up later to have a talk with him, he was saying, “I’m just so angwy, I’m just so angwy”. His Dad asked him who he was angry with. He said, “With myself, because I keep getting in twouble evewyday”.

GM3 (in first grade) seems to have some artistic tendencies that are expressed with crayons or any other coloring medium – some of which bleed through to our countertops – much to the consternation of the Spice. Many of these colorful offerings have come to us over the past couple of years. The latest is now taped to our frig – by him – probably to make sure it was put in the right spot.

GM4 has skills in hunting/gathering, this shown by the things he finds outside and wants to “save”. Some time back he brought me seven tiny pebbles that he had found on his kindergarten playground and asked me to save them for him. These are now in a small plastic envelope and resting on the note pad beside my laptop. I think of him every time I see them – how could I throw them away – even if he forgot these ‘precious stones’?

GM1 is in the high school band – plays the clarinet – and we went to a concert by their band just last week – outstanding quality sounds. She is also into texting, ‘face-book’ and other teen ‘thangs’. GM2 is a studious one and any grade below an ‘A’ is just not acceptable. This leaves GM6, a charmer with a shy smile almost constantly and normally very calm – unless he is sick or very sleepy, and then it’s volcano time.

I consider our ‘grands’ to be joys and blessings, even though occasionally they do make me lonesome for peace and quiet. Our God is an awesome God, and good, all the time. ec
PS - The photos are of: OD and GM5 (doing his 'see no evil, hear no evil') I didn't have a good one on file of GM2. And the other is of the SC GMs - L to R - GM1, GM4, GM6 and GM3 (notice the blue icing around the mouth of GM4).

5 Comments:

Blogger ancient one said...

You have beautiful/handsome grandchildren! Love the little stories you told on each one. They are precious!!

3/28/2009 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Thy quiver is full.

3/28/2009 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

My goodness, you're doing picutres!! They're adorable.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. My glasses don't adjust to the computer well these days.

Hope all are well. I'll read back through your posts now.

3/29/2009 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - They make me smile when I think of them.:)

AC - Very full on baby sitting days.:)

Granny - It's good to hear from you hope your crowd is all OK. ec

3/29/2009 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

We're doing well. My son came back to the States from Iraq a week ago but he's stuck at Ft Dix for a few more days.

We'll be glad to have him home.

3/30/2009 01:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home