My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spice's BD and outback



A couple of weeks back the Spice had a birthday and it was mutually decided that we should spend that day together out and about town. We left the ‘maison’ that morning to eat b’fast at a very good local spot – the Sunrise Grill – a good spot for a birthday breakfast or anytime. After that we had a couple of errands to run and then we took off for the Augusta area to generally do what struck our fancy.

We decided to go to a movie, admittedly a ‘chick flick’ but after all it was her birthday. Then we went to about three stores shopping for furniture, lamps and etc. In the late afternoon we went to the ‘Chop House’ for her special meal – a very nice restaurant, belying the image and idea that the name might conjure up. They were so high class that they wouldn’t even gather round and sing “Happy Birthday” – did give her some cake though.

The freebie birthday dessert was a piece of double or maybe even triple chocolate cake with ice cream. The small bite that I got to taste was very yummy – I was too full for a separate one. It was then decided that we should go to another movie – we try to go to at least two movies a year, whether we need to or not. This one was “Race to witch mountain”, a remake from years ago.

The flick was a fun sci-fi and a sort of knock-em-down-drag-em-out type but with no gore. When the movie was over it was way past dark-thirty so we headed on home, having thoroughly enjoyed our day together.

It occurred to me that I had not sent any photos of the completed “outback” storage building. Let me remind that my older bro and I poured the cement, laid the blocks, put up the frame, rafters and OSB. After I trimmed out the eaves and installed the drip edge, bro came back and helped me put on the shingles. The siding was installed with help from SSIL and BIL. Recently completed outside caulking was the finishing touch.

One photo is taken from the front with the other from the back, this latter one shows the retaining wall I built to help prevent erosion. All remaining to be done now would be some racks and shelving on the inside, about which there is no rush. It is a great sense of accomplishment to realize that the only thing that any outsider did was to install the door – I just didn’t want the hassle of that.

I’m so much enjoying the flowers and new green leaves of God’s creation – Spring is my favorite season, with all the other ones very high on the list. God is good!! ec

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice. You can really be ready now for summer yard work.
Betty G

3/30/2009 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Happy Late Birthday to Spice !!

Outback looks terrific...You done good!

3/30/2009 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr.Eddie ~~ What a great job you and your brother did on the Shed. It looks great.
I am so glad you and the Spice had such a lovely day together for her birthday. I
hope you may repeat it for your birthday, which is on 1st April. Have a very happy birthday my friend. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I enjoyed seeing your lovely Grands.
Take care and enjoy your
special day. Regards, Merle.

4/01/2009 03:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me join in with the belated birthday wishes to the Spice!

Also, what an awesome accomplishment to have your storage shed finished. When I think of a SHED, it's generally not as nice as the one you have. Bravo!

4/06/2009 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

itsboopchile - Outback is really working out well - still have to mount racks for hand tools though.

ancient one - Thanks much on both accounts - we've been out of town and very busy so I am tardy on posting and answering.

Merle - Thanks, my BD was great also, we spent some time together for it too. Time cab be the most precious thing given to loved ones.

jayleigh - Thank you, I wouldn't have tackled the job without my bro's experience in such things. Both our BDs were great. ec

4/16/2009 11:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home