My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, April 26, 2009

MS 0409 3

This is to bring the saga of the MS trip to a close – about time since we have been back for over two weeks.

We had found out a bit of history on Sunday while chatting with the cuz about a hill on the way back to the sis’s place – it had been a confederate army camping area. SSIL went hunting in that area for bits of memorabilia on Monday and I helped him a bit in the digging when his equipment indicated something but we found nothing significant. There was actually a hand-drawn map of this area but we must not have found the exact location.

GM1 went back to my aunt’s with us to spend that night and come Tuesday morn the Spice and GM1 slept in while the aunt and I caught up on conversation. My aunt had someplace to go, so while the Spice and GM1 were showering and the young one was doing some homework, I went back over to my sis’s. YD and crew had gone down to the community center, SSIL to hunt for buried stuff and the young ones to the playground.

Tuesday was a good day of “family stuff” that most families either don’t have time or at least don’t take the time to do. We ate supper at the sis’s that evening and we went back to the aunt’s in time to catch the only TV show I watch regularly, American Idol. After this I had to get to bed for a hard day’s driving next morn – Wednesday, April 8th. The ladies stayed up and chatted about many things and details – much longer.

My aunt was to wake us up next morn in time to get ready and YD’s crew were to drive over and all would leave together. Wouldn’t you know that I woke up about an hour ahead of time and couldn’t get back to sleep. I finally got up and had my devotions early. We were all packed up and ready when the other bunch arrived. YD was determined to clean up everything at my sister’s place before they departed.

The two other GMs that didn’t ride in our vehicle on the way down loaded up with us and we departed. A pit stop and a fuel/pit stop found us in Birmingham once again. After we got back to I-20 we didn’t try to stay together – except by cell phone – and met back up at the Georgia welcome center for another picnic lunch. The young lads were able to let off a little steam and this oldster enjoyed the restful break of the trip.

We loaded back up and once again headed for our respective SC homesteads. We arrived at YD’s shortly after they did - our only ado was a couple of rest stops and a minor traffic delay when we got back to the Augusta area – Master’s Golf tournament congestion. We dropped off the two GMs we had and headed home – the trip was good but as always, it’s good to walk into one’s own premises. God is good! ec

PS – The photo is of YD’s young ones at the tombstone of my Mom and Dad. GM4 is on my Dad’s side of the marker because he was named after him (as well as some other family members). If my folks could have seen this scene I know they would have smiled much.

7 Comments:

Blogger ancient one said...

Loved the photo.. those GM's won't forget this trip.. Glad you all had fun and a chance to visit family. God is Good!

4/27/2009 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's such a neat picture. The wheel of times keeps turning.

4/28/2009 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

Awww... I have similar photos of my boys by my grandparents' graves.

5/01/2009 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ It sounds like a good time was had by all. It's great
to spend time with family. You are
making memories for the grands to remember all their lives.
We did get 1 and 1/2 ins of rain.
I am feeling better nowadays.
Take care, Regards, Merle.

5/02/2009 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/02/2009 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Mr. Eddie,

It's so good reading of your family times!
Those little GMs are all cute as can be! :)


Junie

5/02/2009 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

ancient one - They really seemed to enjoy the whole thing.

AC - When I think of that photo I can almost see my Mom and Dad smiling at it.

Kila - The photo worked out as I had hoped it would.

Merle - It was a hoot of a good time. We could sure use some rain ourselves.

Junierose - Those are 2/3 of cutest GMs I have. :) ec

5/02/2009 02:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home