My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, June 26, 2006

KS - major changes

Wow - we have had a massively busy two weeks, this last one with kinfolks as guests - love having the company, there's just not a lot of time to breathe. :) Still have a couple of posts about our beach trip that I will post later in the week. ec


17- Fall 1962 - There I was, standing free and forgiven of every wrong I had ever done, yet still in the full throes of uncertainty about my future life and occupation. While trying to remove the crusty, worldly garments of doubt and fear and find more suitable spiritual apparel to therewithal be clothed, other events started happening that were to have a part in the shaping of my life’s pathway.

First was the accidental meeting of a sergeant that I had gone all the way through training with in Fort Monmouth, N. J. During that time we had talked a lot and became friends, even though I was a lowly private back then. During our getting reacquainted chat, the subject came up about my lack of a permanent job. He was newly retired from the military but still had friends all over the world. He told me he would make some calls and see what he could do.

In a later contact with him, he told me of an opening in a civil service position at Lexington Army Depot, in Lexington, Kentucky. His contact told him that he wouldn’t make any promises, but for me to send them a resume and they would check out my qualifications. It took a bit of time to get together all the paperwork they wanted, but I finally got it gathered and sent off – then all I had to do was wait.

All during this time my personal life was also going through major modifications. Massive changes were ongoing in the areas of my life’s goals, aims and friends, and these were starting to line up much more closely with God’s Word. This will happen when a person is really serious about an up-close and personal relationship with Jesus Christ – and for the first time in my life, I was.

My feminine companions had narrowed down to two and my ambitions towards both were definitely more in line with what they should have been. Of course this required some major changes of thought patterns and actions that had become somewhat normal operating procedure.

My relationship with the first had begun at the request of her family, this relayed to me by a friend. The friend and this girl’s brother and I had known each other since grammar school. It seems that the girl had been driving them all crazy about me and I was only too happy to comply with the request. She was a nice girl and we had a good time together, but up to that time I hadn’t realized that Miss Y was on the planet.

TBC - ec

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I have one last son in this mode, and I hope he takes his sweet time. Guys need to really get their footing in the world before they take on amorous interests. But, that doesn't stop them from looking.

6/26/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - So true - they need to know their purpose in this world before they invite someone else to join with them in the adventure. ec

6/26/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Thanks for our comment. I know about busy - discovered I was one post behind over here. Bloglines has been misbehaving so possibly I didn't know it was here.

I'm enjoying your continuing story so much even if I don't comment on each chapter.

Ann

6/27/2006 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ Sounds like you have had an enjoyable time with family too
I know that I have enjoyed mine.
It's a darn shame they can't make clothes out decent material instead
of that shrinking stuff. It can't
be anything else!!! Take care, Merle.

6/27/2006 01:30:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - Was a sad day today - my daughter from Tennessee went home with her two young ones. Their move to Texas is supposed to happen on the 17th of July. That will be sadder still.

merle - We did have a great time as well. There seems to be no other explanation than faulty material on my clothes of late. :) ec

6/27/2006 11:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home