My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

KS - two girlfriends

Still fall of 1962 - The other young lady of whom I was enamored was the one that wouldn’t date me because of the claims laid on me by her best friend. Not long after I started dating Miss Y, she decided that I really wasn’t interested in these other unknown claims on me and let me know she was interested in me after all. Incidentally, this second young lady – Miss C – was the same one that had stated just a few months before that she wouldn’t marry me if I were the last man on earth.

Another reason Miss C had been somewhat cool towards me was that I had stood her up on a date about five years before. We had “gone steady” for several months back then and the incident happened at the end of that period. I had honestly forgotten the occasion and still didn’t remember until it was brought to my attention. This lady held a hard grudge and wanted no toying with her affection. It was good to be off the odious scale.

I had suddenly gone from no serious girlfriends – on my part anyway – to exactly two and on at least one occasion I saw them both on the same night. It was a little hard to tell if this was a blessing or a curse to my young spiritual life, since I was desperately striving to try to keep my mind on the Lord. This lastly mentioned thought process was probably evident only to the Lord and I; He was still correcting within me some leftover and somewhat warped thought proceedings.

To farther complicate matters, I heard from the civil service job in Lexington, Kentucky and they were willing to hire me on a temporary basis – to make sure I could and would do the job they wanted. Since this was the only occupational door open to me at the time, I decided to walk through it, trusting that it was from the Lord.

It seems that the only keepsakes left from that time period were the blossoms of romances that could only be seen and felt by the heart and the scars from sins forgiven, left there to remind me not to go those ways again.

TBC - ec

3 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ A bit of a problem there having two girlfriends at once
but I am sure you soon figured it out.
Thanks for your visit. Your Dad was a good age too. We always will miss them
but as you say, some good memories.
Take care, Merle.

6/28/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

So, I'm wondering what happened, that changed Miss C's interest from never wanting to date you if you were the LMOE, to Mr. Right. (Oh, that's Last Man On Earth).

6/28/2006 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - It was almost too much of a blessing (?) but it eventually worked out.

bonita - Not exactly sure what changed her mind - maybe my smile. :) ec

6/28/2006 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home