My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, July 09, 2006

attitude

My ‘cuz’ sent this to me and I thought you might like it too. ec

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "H-M-M, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly....... Leave the rest to God

13 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I like that one. Thanks for sharing!

7/09/2006 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I love that, ec!

Thanks!

Junie

7/09/2006 08:41:00 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My bald head thanks you.

7/09/2006 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/09/2006 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree: the right attitude can make lemonade out of lemons. Of course, one first has to have the lemons.

7/09/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, This is exactly what I needed.
I must get myself up in the morning and decide that no matter what I will enjoy it, and do whatever I have to do, and stop fretting about moving.
If you are moving, get someone you know will move fast with the money!!!
I am trying to be patient!!
Betty G

7/09/2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jayleigh - Thanks, I like sharing something good.

junierose - You're quite welcome and thanks to my 'cuz'.

AC - My bald head says you're welcome.

SSN - If we didn't have lemons at least we could always make limeade - if we could come up with limes.

boopchile - Right, the fretting over moving only makes a person ... well, fretful. My daughter knows a bit of what you speak about with the moving. She's going from Tennessee to Texas - but at least their company is moving them. ec

7/10/2006 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Yours Truly said...

Hahah! What a great story! It made me smile! Thanks!

7/10/2006 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

yours truly - You're welcome, I thought it was a good illustration of the attitude we need to have. ec

7/10/2006 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr. Eddie ~~ I really liked this story (thanks cuz) and illustrates what our attitude should be. Thanks for posting this. Also thanks for comments, glad you enjoyed the post.Take care, Merle.

7/10/2006 09:22:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - An attitude of gratitude might be a bit of a platitude but it could possibly keep us from moral turpitude. ec

7/10/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

Just a wonderful post! Good counsel.

7/10/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

bonita - Thanks, it's something I try to practice myself - most of the time. :) ec

7/10/2006 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home