My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, December 27, 2007

bizy past 2

Continuing with the ancient history of December 11th – my allotted moments were just about right to get to my appointment on time – until I ran into construction on the interstate. I phoned ahead to tell them of my plight and continued the turtle pace of travel – even so I was only about 5 minutes late. My doc did his magic back and neck manipulations followed by a vibration massage on the upper back and neck areas and I headed out the door feeling somewhat better.

Arriving back home, I called to get the lab results on the previous day’s triple needle biopsy on my left breast area. The doc had assured me that it was not malignant, but it was comforting to know that the lab results agreed with his statement. That little procedure also was not nearly as much fun as one might have believed – even at that, the biopsy part wasn’t as painful as the numbing shots. It was a normal overgrowth that happens in a few teen boys and some older men.

It wasn’t very long before I left out again to have supper with some old cronies that I worked with for years. This is a monthly occurrence and takes place in various restaurants and places around town. The night’s adventure in dining happened at a steak house over in Augusta and even though we waited a bit for a table, we were soon enjoying a repast that on my part turned out to be one of the best steaks I have had in a long time – with a baked sweet potato on the side, also excellent.

As per usual, there was much laughter and kidding going on, with the sharing of tales real or imagined. This along with past work adventures of odd natures – people too. After much fun, we finally talked ourselves down and parted company until next month. I had not slept well the night before due to the discomfort of the biopsy, so by the time I walked in the door at home I had about “hit the wall” – and though this is a term used by marathon runners, it seemed to apply to me right then.

Awaking on the 12th with a better night’s sleep, I faced another appointment with gruntmonkeys. YD dropped off GM4 and GM6 at 9am and we delighted in each other’s presence the rest of the morning. At noon we all went to retrieve their older brother from kindergarten and the delighting continued. The delight for GM6 stopped when I had to put him down for a nap – not his favorite thing to do. I put a couple of videos in for the older two and we just hung out until their Mom came for them at 3pm.

The 13th found me with an appointment of a different sort. This was the day for our retired telephone “pioneers” Christmas banquet. This took place in a church’s fellowship hall in Aiken, SC and was a covered dish affair. My contribution was one of my homemade banana puddings, the construction of which began about 9:30am and I took it straight from the oven – and departed for the feast.

Arriving at the appointed place, I found some old friends, some I only knew by name and others that I had yet to meet. To sum it up it was a good time with good folks, good food and many recollections. At the end they drew tickets for door prizes of the five poinsettias that were used for decorations. As it turned out I won the very last one of these – unusual for me.

In life, sometimes we win and most times lose, but with Jesus Christ I have always been a winner due to my acceptance of His gift of forgiveness – of course this gift is for anyone that will believe because God is good, all the time. ec

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope now your ailments have settled down and you stay well for a long, long time.
Betty G

12/28/2007 09:40:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

itsboopchile - I appreciate and agree with those hopes. I am slowly coming back and glad of it. ec

12/28/2007 11:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home