My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

bizy past

During the process of climbing out of the deep dark hole of respiratory ailment it occurred to me that I had not written – nor had I felt like writing – anything in about 2 weeks (except for the Christmas greeting). This illness pounced on my person on or about Thursday December 12th and in typical male macho fashion, I thought that I could fight it off in a couple of days – despite a weakened immune system from another ailment’s medication.

Such was not the case and after toughing it out and dragging my carcass around all the weekend, I went to seek medical help on Tuesday the 18th. Medication was prescribed, taken and is bringing the condition to its demise, much too slowly for my liking but I am grateful nonetheless. But now I am ahead of myself and must go back to describe a very busy week – the one preceding the one which was just before the one in which we find ourselves living and hopefully prospering and doing well.

On the morning of December 11th, it became time in the course of human events to arise before 9am. With much convincing of myself, gritting of teeth and grunts, the arising finally happened – despite the complaining of every muscle fiber of the being. It seems to me there is a discrepancy in my crepitating, almost to the point of being decrepit. Other than that, my day started in its usual ways, with a huge amount of gratitude to have a place to wake up in – and waking up in it.

Heading out the door for a doc appointment, I realized that I had never been to a podiatrist before today. I was referred to him by one of my primary health practitioners for a toenail fungal problem of long standing, the least serious problem I have had visited a doc for all year. Upon examination, he suggested an oral medication now available but I had read that it would interfere with other medication I was taking. He didn’t seem to agree but agreed to topical treatment until I could get the advice of my other doc – the prescriber of the meds in question.

My next appointment was with YD to sit with her two young ones – GM4 and GM6. I went straight from the doc’s office to her house and she left shortly after on her appointment. After supervising their snack time, we departed to pick up GM3 from K5 and take him to speech therapy at a nearby elementary school. The three young lads and I went inside to meet his teacher and the ladies at the desk thought these three were quite the combo package. Seeing him to his teacher, I took the other two back to the van to wait for him – with the DVD player and various snack items to munch on.

After the lesson, we went back to their house and the two younger ones went down for a nap – the dreaded “n” word. They were not happy about the situation at all and suddenly GM6 reappeared back downstairs as though this was what he was supposed to do. I knew he was not alone because I also heard the rapidly departing footsteps of GM4. I put on my gruff voice, put them back in bed and explained the terms of what was expected – it seems they believed me this time and didn’t return.

YD returned just in time for me to leave for my next appointment – the one with my back cracker – but I’ll cover that next time. Despite various ailments, God is still good, all the time. ec

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Glad you are feeling somewhat better!!!

12/26/2007 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Illness during the holidays (or anytime) is never a good thing - in fact the same thing happened to us. If you visit us, you'll see most of our family got the bug.

Nekked Lizard Man
Nekked
Lizards

12/26/2007 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

I hope you feel better with each passing day!

12/27/2007 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, my,

So sorry you've been sick this Christmas season! I thought you might be, as you hadn't posted for awhile!

Hope you're good as new real soon!

June

12/27/2007 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm happy to know that the nasty old bug that made you ill is being whipped by the meds. Hope Christmas was Merry at your house.

Happy New Year!

12/27/2007 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - Thanks! Still in a bit of a fog but much better than in the last two weeks.

randy and kim - I agree that the holidays are the worst time to be sick - though no time is a good one. Thanks much for dropping by.

kila - Thanks - I'm still not totally back to my usual silly self but feeling better every day.

junierose - About the only thing I felt like doing was sitting or lying. Still drug myself through the festivities with joy - more subdued than usual though.

brenda - Christmas was great and by faith the New Year is going to be even better. ec

12/28/2007 12:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home