My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, March 13, 2008

goals

Natasha (the recorder) and I have taken several walks together now. She seems to like this adventure very well and listens very intently when I talk to her and remembers it all. The Spice asked me why I named the recorder a woman’s name because when I write about it folks might get the wrong idea. She suggested the name “Spot” just to save confusion but I couldn’t do that because dogs can’t talk. This caused me massive amusement but the Spice didn’t necessarily share in this.

I did decide to shorten the name to N’sha, just to n’sha (ensure) that there was no misunderstanding. On recent walks with N’sha I have noticed that spring is starting to arrive in spite of some of the nights being on the chilly side. One of the signs is a small tree down near the pond in full bloom. It sprang up wild and I left it to grow just out of curiosity. It resembles a pear just a bit in its blooms and leaves but has some long thorn-like twigs. I will ask my friend at the nursery – when I think about it.

In other BBH spring news, the shrubs along the property line have been showing their bright yellow flowers for a couple of weeks now. The neighbor’s flowering pears are just now coming into full bloom and my little pear tree (that actually produces fruit) is just beginning to bloom. The blueberries are getting ready to bloom – one of the early varieties has partially flowered already.

Then suddenly it was a special new day and a strange thing reoccurred – when I have to set a clock, I usually wake up 20 to 30 minutes earlier than the set time. Is this some kind of retirement syndrome? This was in spite of the fact that I had stayed up too late and most times it’s hard to fly with the eagles in the morning if one stays up with the buzzards at night. I did finally get my mind and body in gear, started my day in the normal usual ways and headed out the door for a doc appointment.

This was an appointment that I wasn’t looking forward to because it involved the removal of part of me. But since that part was a skin growth on my arm that didn’t need to remain I went along with the program. The doc office seemed to be running a bit behind because I was there for about an hour before I was installed in the cutting room and all prepped for the surgery.

This was not a particularly painful process but the stitches are going to mess up my exercise program for a while – working out with weights and such. The deed was done and all stitched up when I mentioned a small place on my ear to her. Right away the ray gun came out and she gave that little spot frostbite. Then we were really done until it is time to take the stitches out – in 12 days.

This date just happens to be the Spice’s birthday so I went by to get her some flowers on the way home. Then espying a balloon, I had to get her one of those as well. The Spice was pleased and that is a good thing, which was and is one of my main goals after all. My number one goal is to please God and I strive to do that everyday – my hope is that you do as well. ec

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do!!!

A recorder is a great idea! Sometimes when walking around here, I form journal entries in my mind, and then narrate my walk, and hopefully remember it all when I get home... but a recorder is so much better because I might not remember, "the smell of apple pie wafting through the air as I pass by the yellow house on the corner."

But I don't usually forget about applie pie, really. :-)

3/14/2008 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad the medical session is over for now. Hopefully the stitches will come out without mishap.

3/14/2008 08:40:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ Glad you survived the cutting room session - not very pleasant, but better safe than sorry.
You analysed my day perfectly. When I told the doctor I had a half hour wait for the taxi, he said "well I
won't take your B/P straight away. The bird hotel is nice, but the birds are a bit wary. I was surprised tonight on looking out in the back yard, the solar light was working. Sure has been enough sunlight. Take care, Regards, Merle.

3/14/2008 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Flowers and a balloon make a really nice birthday gift. I have seen people's faces really light up after receiving a balloon just for them.
And a happy birthday to your spice.
Betty G

3/14/2008 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that calling the recorder by a woman’s name is quite inventive. It’s probably the only female you’ll ever encounter who’ll listen to you and remember everything you say.

3/15/2008 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

Happy your doc appt. went well for you-and the stitches will soon be out as well. My husband has had to have a lot of little things removed from his arms and face- something to be expected with much time having been spent in the sun!

:) I like your recorder's name! And that idea of using a recorder is a good one!

So spring is popping out for you!!
Nothing prettier than early springtime!

Happy Birthday to your wife!

Junie

3/15/2008 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

jayleigh - I know what you mean about the apple pie - one of those unforgetable items. :)

AC - Such is my hope as well - I'm about three days into the stitches and so far so good.

merle - It's amazing what they do with those little solar panels but I never would have thought of putting them on a bird feeder.

its boopchile - The Spice did smile about the balloon and flowers, she said that was the first time I had bought her a balloon - wow, I'm going to have to straighten up. :)

SSN - I know what you mean but I don't think I will comment further on the matter. :)

junierose - It does seem to be one of those things affected by working outside for years. Thanks for your B/D wishes for the Spice. ec

3/16/2008 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home