My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Sunday, June 01, 2008

notes

One of my small labors of this last week was to compile the comments from my blog and responses from those I email concerning our daughter’s loss of the little ones. After the compilation, I printed these out and presented them to my younger daughter – there were five pages. She was brought to tears by these words of encouragement yet uplifted by them. We thank all of you very much.

On a less serious note, I was thinking about physical conditioning and trying to stay in shape – round is a shape. I was doing very well with my walking routine until I hurt my little toe and haven’t been able to walk (for exercise) since. In the meantime I have been “exercising” in the yard and garden and at night doing some work on my abdominals as somewhat of a supplemental fat burner.

The problem isn’t the abs of steel, it’s the layer of flab that I have covering them up. But this layer does cushion the steel so it doesn’t get dented and maybe helps in rust prevention. Then the other day while I was shaving, I noticed that my earlobes jiggle when I move my head certain ways. It’s bad enough to have a jiggly middle but the last straw is flabby earlobes.

I remember the earlobes of my youth; they were toned, firm and without any wiggle at all. What can one do to get their lobes back into shape? Then I realized that I had never seen a single publication that has mentioned earlobe exercises. I assume that part of the reason for this is that the lobe has no grasping digit to hold tiny weights, could this be why some pierce and put small weights in there?

Even if I wanted to put small barbells in my lobes I think the Spice would frown on it. I have done sit-ups and pull-ups but I can’t figure out how to do lobe-ups. Could the answer be to wear earlobe braces to hold them in place so they could firm up? Do they do botox in earlobes? Maybe just regular clothes starch would keep them firm. If you have a solution please let me know.

On another note, the garden is looking very good. Several small tomatoes are in place and starting to grow. The cucumber vines are just starting to run and the squash plants are not far from blooming. The “hills” of squash that didn’t come up were replanted and sprouts have now broken the ground. The okra, as per usual, is growing slowly – being a heat loving plant they should already be in love.

The gruntmonkeys have been eating some of the wild blackberries around the place and I found a ripe orb of delight on the thorn-less plants the other day. The blueberries have started to color so it won’t be long before they will be at their delicious best. On a sour note, two of the tomatoes in my main row got some kind of disease – I pulled them up and transplanted two others in their stead.

Meanwhile, it is just another blessed day here on blueberry hill – God is good!! ec

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

A very eerie post.

6/02/2008 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Nope... funny..ha ha... is what this post is.. I remember having an uncle who could wiggle his ears. We could not figure out how he did it. We all made all kinds of faces trying to wiggle our ears... now you can wiggle your lobes... WOW !!!

6/02/2008 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

AC - I can see that some of my efforts at writing "tongue-in-cheek" might come across as a bit odd.

ancient one - I will do most anything silly to amuse the "grand" ones - love to hear them laugh or see them smile. ec

6/03/2008 01:10:00 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Mr Eddie ~~ The garden sounds as though it is going well. I envy your
grandkids eating blackberries, as I love them. I hope your foot heals soon as it's no fun when you want to walk for exercise. Take care, Regards, Merle.

6/03/2008 03:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is still Spring, Mr. Eddie, when the vanity of humans turns to the condition of one’s abs. I would think that you trying op keep up with grunt monkeys would be more than enough exercise, not to mention the gardening and yard work you do!

6/03/2008 05:21:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

merle - The blackberries are tasty and the blueberries have slipped up on me and the little ones and I ate some ripe ones today.

SSN - You are right, the gruntmonkeys do provide the opportunity for much exercise as do garden and yard but I tend to rest between chores and the heart rate doesn't stay up long enough to provide cardio value. ec

6/03/2008 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Ha! I am not going to the mirror to check out my earlobes, no, no, I'm not.

6/04/2008 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

brenda - The mirror is one place that I try not to dwell very long. :) ec

6/07/2008 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home