My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

long haul

It was another day, at another time but roughly in the same area. By some brilliant deductive reasoning I arrived at the conclusion that it was morning. The thing that brought me to this great knowledge was the fact that it was now light and just a couple of hours before, when I made a trip to the necessary room, it was still dark – hence it almost had to be morning.

My day started in one of its usual ways – slowly. I was finally getting the body cranked when the Spice departed with a place to go and a time to get there. After a while I donned the bummy clothes and went outside for some of the sweaty type work. The type work that I could do every day and still maybe not quite be caught up – I just knock it down to a lesser level.

This was some work in the garden and then general de-brambling and de-weeding in the blueberry patch. Time flew and soon it was time to come back in to clean up and for the Spice and I to attend the graduation of a friend from the Medical College of Georgia. It was at the Civic Center and when we arrived the close parking was very taken. I dropped the Spice and parked two blocks away.

The place was packed and I thought we were going to be in the nosebleed section but we finally found one in the back and lower down. The ceremonies started about 2pm and lasted a couple of hours. They graduated over 700 from the various departments – doctors, dentists, etc. Our friend’s field is in respiratory therapy and it was a long haul (five years) for this single parent.

We wanted to see her as she filed into the large auditorium and we were fortunate enough to make eye contact with her and wave as they were being seated. She is not blood kin to us but we still claim her as family – and certainly in the family of God – and are very proud of her accomplishment. She has already been hired by MCG to work in that field and starts the job in just a week or so.

She gives God the praise for helping her make it through the course. I’m also glad that we have folks of her caliber and character in the health care field. God is good, all the time. ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My congratulations and blessings to the newly graduated respiratory therapist.

5/16/2008 03:09:00 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

My congratulations also to the graduate!

5/18/2008 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Milestones... Congratulations to the Graduate!
Memories...

5/18/2008 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

SSN - Thanks, I will pass along the congrats to her.

brenda - Thanks, she is a hard-working young lady.

ancient one - Thanks, I remember when she was very small and now she is a professional in the medical field. ec

5/20/2008 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home