My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Friday, March 28, 2008

bsy wk 2

Tomorrow became today in the waking up therein and we entered a very event filled day. After we got the day started, there was a doc appointment to get stitches removed from the surgery site where a skin thingy once resided. This went quickly and we had time to go by Sam’s before our next event. We picked up several items – yeah, right – a cart full – and came out much poorer.

Then we went on to our monthly senior’s luncheon and enjoyed the food, fellowship, talking and laughing. This was the kind of social event that one dislikes leaving but we finally did drag ourselves away. Next was our appointment with the back cracker and we were concerned about the strength of the roof since we were early in getting there. We were adjusted as needed and headed home.

Arriving there we unloaded the goodies we purchased and shortly went over to MIL’s because the Spice’s cousin and husband had arrived for a visit. After visiting a while with them, it became time to go to a funeral home visitation for a member of our church family. Why this place is called a funeral home is a mystery to me since no one lives there. We greeted and chatted with many church members and other acquaintances, many of these we had not seen in a some time.

From there we went to a local theater where the Spice was meeting SIL and NWT for a girl’s night out chick flick. After dropping her off I went to eat with some old work mates for our monthly gathering. We had a good time eating and talking as usual and I headed home. I then set out to spruce up the house a bit because the cousin and cousin-in-law were spending the night with us.

They visited with MIL while we went about our previously planned events. This was a day of associating with and enjoying the presence of more people from different areas of our acquaintance in one day than in quite some time – these included, professionals, friends and church members and kinfolks. The Spice arrived shortly from her girl’s night out and a bit after that the cousin and CIL came over from across the pond.

We had a great time talking and cutting up, greeting early morning. We were up a while after they “turned in” but I finally “hit the hay” and left the Spice up still working on her transcription. Upon awaking next morn, I put on a pot of grits – on low because I didn’t know when all would get up. The Spice slept in and I read my scripture and was starting on the news online when our guests arose.

I alerted the Spice and soon b’fast prep was in earnest for the morning meal. My usual duty areas of a traditional breakfast are the grits, bacon and toast – if that is the bread of the meal. This morning was canned biscuits, so the Spice did them and scrambled the eggs. As the prep was complete we called MIL and BIL from across the pond to join us in this morning repast.

We ate, talked and laughed and just had a wonderful time, we had started late anyway and by the time we broke up and our company started talking about heading home to upstate SC it was nearly noon. I picked up GM3 for YD since she was having some of the “joys” of early pregnancy – having to do with keeping food in the proper place. We got to show him off to our company before they left. It was a good day and a half – God is good!! ec

4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Where I come from, we called it a funeral parlor which is equally strange.

Actually, the families who owned the two in my home town did live there so perhaps "home" isn't too far off. I remember the son of one borrowing the family hearse, loading it up with teens, and heading for the drive-in movies.

3/29/2008 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

Sounds wonderful, all the fellowship.

I hope YD feels better soon. I think the unborn is a girl ;)

3/29/2008 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger ancient one said...

Hey.. we say funeral home too! And I hate to go there, but find it necessary from time to time to see friends and relatives of the deceased!

I loved your Easter report! That was a lot of people won to the LORD! Wonderful!!

3/29/2008 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger mreddie said...

granny - That was just something kids did - I remember when I was in the army that we loaded up the inside of the car and a couple in the trunk for the drive-in. :)

kila - GM1, the only girl, is hoping and even praying for girls, since she is already outnumbered. :)

ancient one - The funeral home is not my favorite place either but a necessary one. This was the best Easter results I remember - it was great!!! ec

3/29/2008 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home