My Photo
Name:
Location: Clearwater, South Carolina, United States

Monday, June 27, 2005

baloney

No matter how it's spelled on the package, there has never been a "g" in all the baloney sandwiches I have eaten over the years. It almost puts me off my feed (nearly kills my appetite - if that's possible) to think that the very company that makes the stuff has spelled it wrong all this time.

Maybe they eat bologna up north somewhere, and possibly that word is a foreign word that means ground up and jelled miscellaneous meat and animal parts. If that is the case, I certainly wouldn't want to offend any foriegn language group by making disparaging remarks about the name of their product.

But could it just be government regulation that defines this bologna meat product as being made only from certain parts of an animal - like from the horns to the tip of the nose and everything in between. Then if another part of the animal was used, they would have to use another foreign name to describe that.

It just seems to me that since we have consumed such a tonnage of the stuff over the years in this part of the country, that they could at least be allowed to print it's real name on the package.

This reminds me of an old saying, qualified as such by the facts - 1 - it was said (a blog is a statement) and - 2 - said by an old person (me). The statement: If you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with baloney sandwiches. mreddie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home